If you would like to volunteer at MindQuake, please email:
How do you make MindQuake a conference to remember? Volunteer! You’ll build fun memories while making friends by volunteering, all while helping make MindQuake the best it can be. Just a few hours of your time and we can smoothly run our registration desk, monitor our classes, secure our floors and have a friendly face in our hospitality suite. And don’t worry — we schedule you around the activities that are most important to you and the classes you want to take.
In addition to the satisfaction of helping our conference run as smoothly as possible, here’s how volunteering can benefit you directly:
• 5 or more volunteer hours = $50 discount on registration fee
• 12 or more volunteer hours = $50 registration discount plus stay free for the weekend (Thur-Sun) in the volunteer group suite.
• 24 or more volunteer hours = Free registration and stay in the volunteer group suite.
As if that weren’t enough, all volunteers will be entered in the Volunteer Raffle to win fabulous prizes!
• Class monitors/runners — Help the classes run smoothly by keeping the presenters running on time, gathering headcounts and doing general tasks relating to classes and rooms.
• Hospitality room — Keep room stocked and welcoming to attendees.
• Set-up/Clean-up — Prepare the classroom, dungeon and vendor spaces and clean up after events.
• Badge Checkpoints — Check badges and politely redirect anyone who tries to enter con space without one.
• Registration — Help people get their conference badges and materials when they arrive. (Please note that Registration volunteers will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.)
• Errands — This is probably the most open and fun category; be our gopher!
MindQuake thanks you for volunteering!